Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's play catch-up!

Yeah,  I've been MIA this past weekend. Some may have noticed; other may not have. Either way, here it goes!

Friday, June 8th:
After work, I went over to Stephanie's, where I was invited to have dinner with her and her mother :) Twas a lovely meal! And after relaxing and talking in the living room for a bit, we went to Bobalicious, where we enjoyed some delicious pearl/popper-infused beverages and met this adorable little boy named Roden :)


He came over to us while we were playing Connect Four, and he decided to stay a while :) He was SO cute in his little Iron Man outfit (complete with muscles). He even taught us a new game, where you line up chess pieces and try to knock them over with a marble! He was pretty darn good at it, and he got oh- so very excited when he was able to knock down the "horsies" :) Him mom told us he's known to flirt with, and even try to go home with, girls he meets in public places. Haha! Too precious!

After getting back to Steph's casa, we did some YouTube browsing. We cannot handle how cool it is to have a JMU Duke competing in So You Think You Can Dance!



Asher is a wonderful dancer! And even though hip hop is his strong suit, he's been training in other areas while at school. (He was in my modern class this past semester.) I can't wait to see how he does!

Saturday, June 9th
Since I stayed up until 5am Friday night (working on.... something), I slept really late on Saturday! I saw Juliana for a little but to try to help her out on a project she was working on :) I'm not sure how much help I was, or even if it was constructive, but I was happy to see her nonetheless.

For dinner, I went to Heather's for a combined-celebratory birthday fondu dinner! I meant to take pictures to include on here, but we ate it so fast that I didn't remember until after it was gone. Haha! Oh well! Just take my word for it; it was good :) Afterwards, Heaths and I just relaxed int he living room and talked for a bit. Loved that :) Love her!

Sunday (today), June 10th
I didn't go to Sunday school this morning, because I wanted to get 8 hours of sleep (a rare feat as of late).  So, I slept in a bit, and I was even surprised by a home-made breakfast courtesy of Jennifer!

Ham, egg, and cheese on ciabatta!

My little sister is so sweet :) That kind of made my morning. (P.S.- It was SO delicious!) Once 10 o'clock rolled around, I got up and got ready for church, which I really enjoyed and took a lot out of. Shane talked about being a people pleaser and how, if we let that consume us, we are no longer being true servants of Christ, but of man. #BOOM! I've never really thought about it that way, but it makes sense! I appreciated that sermon, truly.

Dinner with padre was enjoyable :) We dined, had a surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa, and even got to go to Sweet Frog! We "conveniently" ran into his girlfriends and her daughter Lisa, but even that was pleasant :) Her daughter is very nice, and she made it not the least bit awkward.

Since I've been home, I've been looking online at dresses to potentially get for Kelly (my Big's) wedding. It's rough! 1) Because I'm poor. 2) Because most of the one's I want are not available in my size. #TallGirlProblems! I'll figure it out though :)

Now, I am off to bed! Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment