Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I hear the Savior say,

"Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me, Thine all in all."

This song verse has always struck a chord with me, and tonight at 1822 was no exception. From the very first verse, we can see that we our strength is little and we are feeble, but by turning to God we find all that we need. Everything that we need, God provides. We are not able to survive independently as we all like to think we can. We strive to take on the world and be filled with self-satisfaction in achieving our goals when, the truth is, nothing will be accomplished in the absence of the Lord. This is a truth that exists beyond this worship song, and beyond music in general. The truth lies in Word; it lies in God. It fuels our faith, and sustains our walk.

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

{Isaiah 41:10}


"The Lord is my strength and my song;
    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him."
{Exodus 15:2}

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."
{2 Corinthians 12:9}
God is my creator, my light and my life source. With Him I will confront the obstacles of life, and in Him I shall overcome. Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment