Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whimsical!

Today, today, today, today.... Unfortunately, I didn't get to sleep in today because I had a scholarship breakfast at Hermtiage at 9 AM. On the plus side, though, the food was yummy! Hooray for free Chick-fil-a, fruit, blueberry pound cake, juice, coffee, ham biscuits, and pastries! I got home around 10 and proceeded to watch Spice Girls music videos and Spice World on youtube for at least an hour, haha. And when I cleaned out my bunny's cage... I listened to their greatest hits CD! Haha, what can I say? The Spice Girls just really make me happy :) During my cleaning/jamming sesh, I got this odd urge to create a piece for the art auction this weekend. So, around 1, I headed on over to Michael's for a canvas. The first thing I did when I got home was tea-stain it, and I ate lunch while it was drying. One round didn't quite do the job though, so I brewed more tea and covered the canvas in it. While it was drying the second time, I went over to visit the lovely Addie Collins; whom I love and adore :) We just hung out in her room and talked about many things; some random, some not. It's been a while since we've done that, and I really liked it :) And (!!!) she gave me the last art piece that was left from the senior showcase! I can't even believe it. I love that piece so much, and it made me elated that she would even consider giving it to me; much less for free. I'm so taking it with me to JMU. Done and done!

Everyday Angels (Adelaide Collins)

When I got back to my house around 5, the canvas was dry and I was able to start sketching. (I used a piece my little sister did as a basis/reference for it.) I wasn't able to finish the sketching, though, before I had to leave for driving school. Okay, so I'm going to take this time to tell you all that driving school is utterly ridiculous. Avoid having to go there at all costs! I'm on the verge of temporarily losing my peace of mind and sanity, These petty, tedious little homework assignments are not okay with me... at all. Anyways, I got home a little before 10; which means it was back to work! I finished sketching, and then proceeded to paint the piece via black calligraphy ink. And here is the finished product:


I don't think it's too shabby for something I decided to do on a whim. Now hopefully someone will be interested in buying it! I suppose we shall see :) I can't wait to see what some of you all have created! I do love seeing my friends' artwork; it makes me happy :)

I know some of you may be sick of the Spice Girls talk. However, I had never listened to this song before today, and I really like it :) Even though the fairy-depictions of the girls are slightly creepy, I still think the concept for the video is kind of cool. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment