Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Graduation day!


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." {Maya Angelou}

 
And now, for my favorite :) This is Candice and I at my graduation today:


And this was us just last year at her college graduation from Longwood:

Craziness :)

{I still can't believe it's all over...}

You know, I keep hearing that this is a time of new beginnings; only the start of my life. But I haven't felt any sort of catastrophic shift; no epiphanies or revelations. Perhaps that all takes time; time that I cannot control. I find myself being slightly afraid for myself. There was no great anticipation for graduation; nor an incredible sense of elation once it was all over. It's as if I am numb; numb to everything. It's odd, but I've been noticing that about myself lately. Things don't really affect me; or at least not my emotions; not in the same capacity that it used to. It's almost as if I'm having difficulty feeling. Maybe that sounds strange, but I'm considering the possibility in my mind. Could this potentially be a hint from God? Could it be that I've been relying to heavily on my emotions to help "solidify" my faith in Him? Maybe I have been and maybe that's why my emotions have been dulled. Call me crazy if you so choose, but I'm not sure I could compose another theory right now. I am thoroughly and utterly exhausted. Goodnight all, I love you very dearly :)

p.s.- I am excited about my graduation, just not as much as I thought I would be.

I also want to pose this question to you:
Do you think a wish and a prayer can be synonymous?

0 comments:

Post a Comment