Monday, June 14, 2010

Novella

Greetings my long lost blog world! It's been two whole days since I've blogged, and it feels so weird, so here we go. There is certainly much to catch up on!

Saturday, Kelly and I woke up at 5:50 AM to gather our things and kidnap Heather :) She had no idea we were coming; much less what we had plans. Success! We spent pretty much the entire day on the beach. I worked on my tan while Kells and Heath teetered back and forth between the sand and the surf (by which I mean the water, of course; there was no literal surfing). Around 5, we hit up Outback for dinner. There, we encountered a lovely little dragonfly and practically inhaled our beverages. I suppose the sun is rather dehydrating. Anywho, we followed up our meal with a trip to the photo booth on the pier, some DQ action, and a brief jam sesh via a live band :) Twas lovely; twas lovely indeed! You'd think that would conclude our adventure, but you would be incorrect. From there, we drove down to the residential area of the beach. We laid out a blanket, looked at the stars, pondered life, walked along the water, played around a bit, and sang "Sweet Caroline." The weather was so lovely, and I couldn't have picked two better people to spend this time with :) We stayed on the beach til about 12, and then I had to drive us home. All I'm going to say is this: I should have gotten a Monster, or even a 5 Hour Energy Shot.... Sorry {Heather and Kelly} if I freaked you out; it certainly wasn't my intention... Well, we made it back to my house at about 2 AM, and we crashed in my living room after some showering and Aloe Vera lathering, haha; my poor babes. Here are a few pics (which were stolen from Kelly.... my camera was dumb and I didn't take any):

I do love these two; so, so much!

Sunday morning, Kelly, Heather, and myself piled in Lovely and headed to church. I really liked the sermon. And once again, it was very applicable to my life. (I always love that.) I think Brian is one of my favorite speakers. His thought just always same pretty profound, or they just strike a chord in me. But anyways, I went straight from service to meeting that I had completely forgotten about, and from there I went downstairs to help set up for the art auction. I ended up running an errand for Scoob; going to his house and getting an easel. Okay, I do not know how I was able to do this, but I fit like a four foot (or taller) easel in my sister's little Saturn. I don't know, I just though that whole process was rather interesting. Once I delivered that to the church, I decided it might be a good idea to get some food. So, I quickly went to BK before coming back to WEAG. I did love the art auction. I bid on three pieces; done by Heather, Elsbeth, and Luke Kozusko. The bidding on Elsbeth's was a bit of a battle between Gabe and I, so I decided to let her win, haha. Alex Morgan out-bid my on Luke's, but that's alright. I did, however, get Heather's piece! That made me really happy :) I know exactly where it's going in my dorm room next year, haha. But yes, from there, I ventured to my father's house for a graduation celebration dinner that I knew nothing about; not until I saw my grandparents' cars in the driveway. My dad made steaks, and for dessert there was Carvel ice cream cake :) My grandma and grandpa gave me cash (which was used to help me pay for my Brazil visa), and my father gave me a new digital camera! Thank the Lord! I've had the same camera for the past 5 years... I was way past due! So that was fun :) From there, I made a brief appearance at Julie's graduation party (after going over to her house before finding out that it was actually at Echo Lake park, ugh). Destry pwned me in badminton, and I conversed a bit with Simon. I had to be somewhat productive, so I decided to go home and fill out my visa application before going over to Elizabeth's to hang out. She had my camera for all of 2 minutes, and I now have these lovely shots:
(^^^ Well, I took the last one, but yeah... haha!)


We played Pit, made a McDonald's trip, and watched "How to Catch a Predator." Of course, as is routine for me, I fell asleep on Elizabeth's sofa until 1:10 AM. She was supposed to kick me out at 1.... whatevskies. I got home and was done showering and whatnot around 2, and I made a conscious decision to skip out on the blog for my own health; seeing as how I was only going to be getting about 7 hours of sleep. Ehhh.....

And I'll blog about today's events later! I just wanted to catch you up :) Much love for my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment