Thursday, June 2, 2011

"You are good, You are good..."

"...when there's nothing good in me."

This song really hit me tonight in youth group, this line in particular. So often, there are things about us (whether it be our thoughts, actions, or emotions) that are not good; they are rooted in a dark place, and there is no denying it. As long as we are sinners, which we all are, there will be at least a drop of darkness within us. But, by decided to worship and truly follow Jesus, that darkness can be eclipsed by the light He pours into us; the light that bursts through the pores of those who are on fire for Him; the essence of the Spirit at work in us. Even when we are not good, He will forever be. Because of that, we can stand firm in our Lord and take hold of His righteous hand when we go astray. He is constant; we are never left or forsaken by Him. "My heat will sing no other name, Jesus."

Yet another amazing song from tonight:

No matter how much effort I put forth, I cannot create a concrete image of Heaven in my head. And obviously no one here on earth knows what Heaven will be like, but I can't even create up a picture of what I think it will look or be like. But the promise of no more suffering, no more violence, no more sickness, no weeping, no darkness, no pain... How marvelous will that be :) We will not be bound by physical or earthly limits. Why would you not want to worship a God who promises such things to those who love Him? It will be wonderful when I can literally be held by my Father, when my time comes :) Maybe He'll let me dance with Him in the streets paved with gold :) I don't know what's in store, but I know that He will always be enough, always :) Despite what the world may throw at me, I can always take comfort in my Savior, for He has relieved us of our transgressions and has promised us eternal life in His kingdom, forever in His presence.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
{John 16:33}

He has overcome every hardship we have/are/will endure[d][ing], and He walks with us every step of the way. God humbles Himself for our sake.
"The God who came to earth came not in a raging whirlwind nor in a devouring fire. Unimaginably, the Maker of all things shrank down, down, down, so small as to become an ovum, a single fertilized egg barely visible to the naked eye, an egg that would divide and redivide until a fetus took shape, enlarging cell by cell inside a nervous teenager." -Philip Yancey, "The Jesus I Never Knew" (p. 36)
How wonderful our God is that He would humble Himself before us in such a way. Just take a moment and imagine God's thoughts as He sent Jesus to the earth, so tiny and fragile, to grow and be taken care of by a young teenage Mary. He loved us enough to do that! And He continues to shower us with mercy, love, and grace. We are truly blessed :) We should worship our Father joyfully and with thanksgiving!


"1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs. 
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his
[a];
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name. 
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations."
{Psalm 100}


Goodnight, precious loves :) Sleep well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment