Monday, June 13, 2011

#555

So I almost fell asleep just now, but then I remembered that I get concerned wall posts if I don't blog... Haha. That humors me :)

Church was the usual. Help set up for preschool before going to middle school sunday school. I led a group of boys today... They were a bit rowdy and chit-chatty, but they weren't too bad I suppose. I will admit though, it was much more challenging than being with the girls I'm normally with. MUCH more. Service was good as well. I was so stoked that Anthony and Nikki were leading worship, you have no idea! It had been far too long; I'd missed them singing! After church, I went to Annemarie's graduation party :) I got to see some lovely friends, and enjoy some yummy breakfast food! Oh, and I also got a little thing of bubbles, which made me very happy. It's funny, you give a college kid bubbles, and they might as well be a 5 year old child, haha. But anyways, I made a trip to Walmart with Nikki and Juliana before going back to Annemarie's shin-dig, getting my car, and heading home. I got to take about an hour-long nap before going to my padre's for dinner. Tacos=yum! I left a little early so I could make it to the end of Zach's birthday get-together, and I literally got there after everyone had eaten and everything, haha. But I got to talk and hangout with everyone for a bit, so that was nice :) And all the while, I was blowing bubbles, haha. What? They amuse me :) There was no hangout planned for tonight, so I decided just to come on home. I went on a bit of a run/walk around 9:30. It's random, because I don't usually run..... ever. But sometimes I just get in this mood where I want to. After coming home and laying in my floor for a little while, I finally got myself ready for bed. I just did some reading that I have to do for internship, and I'm realizing how far behind I am. I'm on page 55 of 275, and we're supposed to have it finished by the 21st. Yikes. Pray for me in getting that done, please. Haha. That's going to be rough!

In my down time, I often ponder the motivation behind my wants/thought processes. (I'm not sure if I mentioned that on here before.) These days, I fear that my motivations come from feelings/emotions that are not acceptable, at least in my book. It's weird, because you would think that one would be okay with themselves as long as they aren't acting on thoughts or emotions that are considered "bad," but the truth is that your thoughts aren't fleeting, like actions. If anything, they resonate within us for periods of time that feel like eternity. You can't just stop thinking about something, because the harder you try, the more you think about it! (Crazy cycle...) More importantly though, God knows our thoughts, and He knows the impure nature of them when applicable. Purity of mind is probably one of the hardest things to achieve, if I'm being honest. I have yet to meet a person who has never had a negative thought about something/someone/themselves. It leads me to wonder if it's even possible to have a pure mind, but it has to be. Though certainly it would be extremely difficult for us, God makes all things possible...


"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people."
{Ephesians 5:3}


”Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'”
{Matthew 19:26}

Well, I am extremely tired now. Goodnight loves! Sleep well :)

1 comments:

kayaygee said...

I don't think it is completely possible to be rid of ANY impure thoughts, otherwise I think we'd be very similar to Jesus. It is definitely something to strive for though!

Post a Comment