Sunday, June 5, 2011

"I'm ready for my blessing!"

... I love my Elsbeth :)

I got to visit two little girls today that I haven't seen in a very long time. One of them seems to be doing extremely well, while the other is not. It worries me a great deal, and a big part of me just wants to live with her for a while so that I can be a kind of "big sister" her. I just really think she needs someone older that she can talk to that isn't her parent (in the middle school age, nobody really wants to do that). Her and her family might be coming to the youth production tomorrow night, which I really hope they do! Maybe she'll want to get involved with youth group, and maybe it will help. I am going to be praying very hard about that tonight. The Lord has a plan, and I am going to have to trust in that and lift it all to Him!

I got to have a coffee date with Judy today :) It was nice to hang out and get to know her more. She is such a sweetheart, and I think we will definitely be getting together again :) From there it was straight to youth choir rehearsal. Let me say that I am SO EXCITED for the show tomorrow and monday! It's going to be so great! And, not even lying, there are multiple moments where I get goosebumps and am just left with an overwhelming sense of "proud mom" mixed with amazement. The emotion pours out from that stage, and there is such talent in the choir. I love watching it, and I'm so happy that I've been able to help out with it! Even if it's little things like making props for the backdrop, painting the risers, passing out tee shirts, writing notes in the script margins, or just sweeping the stage, I love that I was able to be of some assistance :)

Dinner at Chipotle was fun :) I love my friends, and I love that Stony Point is our go-to meal spot. I got to see and hang out with so many people! I love how much I can laugh around them, and I love that we can just talk and be totally content :)  After talking in the parking lot for a good while, I decided to come home. I caught my mom before she went to bed, and we actually ended up talking for probably about an hour. That doesn't normally happen, but it was good. We were able to talk about a lot of things, and even though the conversations were pretty serious, it was nice. She's coming to the show tomorrow! That makes me happy :) Did I mention I was excited? Haha.

And now it is after 1 AM... I have to be at church in less than 6 hours. That being said, goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment