Thursday, June 9, 2011

In today's news:

  • My cousin April graduated high school! 
    • I got to see her get her diploma, which was cool :)
  • I did some much needed grocery shopping.
    • I am officially re-stocked in the Nutella and Arizona green tea department :)
  • While watching an America's Next Top Model marathon, I fell into a lovely slumber.
    • It was the season when McKey won (11th cycle).
    • That was a sweet, sweet nap (probs about 2 hours long).
  • My padre made BBQ for dinner tonight; twas yummy!
  • I wasn't able to go to the ceremony, but my little sister got inducted into the NAtional Honors Society tonight! I am so proud of her!!!
  • Youth group tonight was wonderful :)
    • I loved the dancing and jumping around for Jesus :) So fun!
    • Even though I was nervous, I liked being able to lead prayer time :)
      • People were very encouraging; thanks for that :)
    • Nikki's start to the Old Testament series was very good :) I'm glad I got to listen in.
  • After hanging out in the youth office for quite some time, Kelly, Elsbeth, Heather and I made a 7-11 run before going to Elsbeth's to watch "Better Off Dead." 
    • Oh 80s movies, you are quite humorous :)
  • I took Heather back to her car before driving home.
    • I made a pit-stop for gas on the way.
      • I'm becoming infamous for making midnight gas station trips. Sketchy.
I had almost forgotten that tomorrow was my day to lead devotions for internship! Luckily, I already kind of had something in mind, so I'm good :)

Something has kind of been on my mind the past few days, and it somewhat troubles me. I'm kind of anxious about going back to school. It's not that I don't want to go back, because believe me there I people I will be very excited to see. But I'm just so happy with where I am right now and with what I'm doing. I'm surrounded by people whom I love dearly, and I'm working in a place I love so much I consider it home. Being away from all of that is hard for me, really hard. It's not just that though, I'm honestly afraid that I will annoy my friends at school. I mean, I've had that fear for a while, but still. I'm just waiting for the day that they get tired of me trying to hang out with them all the time. If I can be honest, one of my biggest fears is being rejected. Perhaps I'm being slightly irrational, and I should probably give my school friends more credit than what I am. I'm just a little worried, you know? Well, fortunately I have another two and a half months to cope with/handle that. For now, it is time for bed! Goodnight all :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I honestly don't think that anyone could ever get tired of you. Seriously. Your the LAST person I would be worried about not being accepted by friends. You are sweet, thoughtful, fun, caring, and you are such a great example of Jesus' command in John 15:12: "May command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." You have nothing to worry your little self about, Love. Our Father has planned everything out to prosper you and to give you a hope and a future. He is going to take the best care of you :) I know it! And I love you so very much!!! Do not fret. Be still, and know that God is the King of the Earth. He's got it under control :)

Post a Comment