Saturday, June 4, 2011

"The wind is a pervert."

Today was truly splendid :) Kelly picked me up and treated my to a lovely lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, which was absolutely delightful :) We then proceeded to walk around the mall for a bit before heading home. On the ride back, we had a jam sesh to this song:

Haha, throwback much?! We also belted out the words (some incorrect) to "Just the Way You Are," haha. Everybody be on the lookout, Kelly and I are about to start our music careers..... Yeah, no. Haha. After poking around the house for a bit, it was time for Heather's birthday dinner at Maggiano's! We got to sit outside on the shaded patio, and it was so lovely!
I'm so glad I got to treat my dear Heather on her birthday :) Twas a fantastic time! She had to leave while I was waiting for the check to go to rehearsal, but I realized I still needed to give her something. So I go to the church, and Heather's actually pulling in right behind me. So I get really excited and jump out of my car to meet her, and only after walking inside for a bit and going to leave did I realize that I locked my keys in my car..... Yeah, I had to be downtown in less than 45 minutes. I was going to have a friend break into my car for me, but then I just decided it would be better to wait for my mom to bring me the spare key. And with less than 30 minutes to make it to my destination, I sped off!

Miraculously, I made it to the CFA Senior Dance Showcase with time to spare! Oh my goodness, those girls did such an amazing job of choreographing those pieces! I was blown away; not a single piece was remotely shabby. Each of them was full of emotions and just amazing to watch. My darling Sarah's piece turned out so well! I am so proud of her! (She was my dancer for my piece last year.) My little love is going to do so well at Shenandoah next year, I just know it! My little brother, Rave', was amazing as always! His talent never ceases to amaze me. His hugs are pretty wonderful too, I must say :) Ahh! I love him :) And my friend Jessica did so well too! Some of you may recall me mentioning how I have those "proud mom" moments... Yeah, this was one of them. It also really made me miss dancing. I constantly wonder about what I can't do anymore or how awful I'd be if I tried to jump back into one of my old dance classes. It's all just so beautiful and expressive! I don't want to lose that, ever...

I made it to the last 10 minutes or so of youth choir rehearsal; thus there wasn't much to do. But, like I've said a million times, I love being involved with the youth. I love being able to help, and I love that they will actually come to me when something's on their mind. I love them, so much! From there, it was over to Elizabeth's! Three people rode inside while seven people rode in the back of a pickup truck to go to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts (National Donut Day). Let me just say, the wind chill made the trip almost not even worth it! SO COLD! Also not that I was wearing a dress. Take that fact and combine it with the quote that is the title of this post, and I think you'll figure out why I was having issues, haha. We had some bonfire time as we threw marshmallows at one another, and I closed my evening with a skype date to some of my sisters at the SAO convention in New Mexico.

Yep, today's been good. I'm sleepy now, though, so I am going to bid the adieu. Goodnight loves!

1 comments:

Nikki said...

oohhh THATs why you needed a hanger.... lollol

Post a Comment