Friday, June 24, 2011

Choir Tour 2011

This past week was such an incredible blessing. Having the opportunity to spend seven days with 100  individuals who love and yearn for God enough to travel up the east coast to minister to others is something I never thought I would be able to do as a leader. Being able to watch them as they sang, danced, and made music in Jesus's name made my heart full of more joy than I may have ever experienced before. And I'm so glad that I was also able to worship alongside them, because they are so amazing and beautiful, all of them. They have each touched my heart in one way or another, whether by their infectious passion for the Lord, their giving nature, or their boldness in sharing the burdens of their heart. Many of them pushed through illness and emotional stresses, and they even encountered mockery, but it did not phase their ministry.  They poured out their hearts as they led others in worship, they reached out to people they were unacquainted with, they spent time with them, they prayed for them, and they helped lead others to Jesus Christ. Each and every person on this trip is an inspiration to me. I feel as though I have learned so much, and my heart has been truly humbled. I have so much love for my WEAG family, both old and new members :) You are forever molding me as a person, and I could never thank them enough for what they are teaching me. I love each and every one of them, and it is because of that family bond that I will be a youth leader until they force me out :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love what I'm doing, and I love where I'm at. God is revealing Himself to me through these youth, and they are some of my most beloved treasures :) I am so blessed! Thank you, Father, for the spiritual growth and irreplaceable memories :) I thank you that our fellowship was meaningful, and that we could laugh and experience life together as a unit, all in Your name :)

1 comments:

kathryn said...

Lovin this!

Post a Comment