Friday, June 10, 2011

"We won't sing this song for choir tour iPod karaoke..."


No really, we won't. Hahaha. No way Joni would let that fly!  Bahahaha, what if???

The interns were blessed with Starbucks beverages upon our arrival this morning! That gesture was seriously so kind and much appreciated! I led the devotion this morning, which thankfully went very well. I was glad that we were all able to have a discussion period and throw out opinions/personal experiences.


"9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. 10That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
 11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
{1 Timothy 4:9-12}


Being so young can be hard, especially you are working somewhere where those older than you also have much more experience. But God has blessed the interns with this amazing opportunity for a reason. Just as we have much to learn from our church leaders, we have our own passions, services, etc. to offer. And even though, as I shared this morning, it can be awfully intimidating to take on a leadership role when 1) other people have been youth leaders longer and 2) you are only one year removed from the youth group, God has plans to use us and work through us. Our age is not our determining factor in our abilities or adequacy, but rather our heart and lifestyle. You are never too young to model Christ, and you can pour into others at any age :)

My day's work? Well, I made over 3,000 pages worth of copies. Oh yeah, me and that machine are well acquainted now. But it wasn't too bad. Luckily I had Jamal to keep me company :) After talking to Ashlyn for a bit, I had a dinner date with Annemarie :) She took me to 821 Cafe, and it was delicious! I had never tried it before, but I do believe I shall be returning there in the future. It definitely has that Richmond vibe, if you know what I mean.

I also got to spend some time with my darling little love, Juliana :) I gave her some pointers for her cheering tryouts tomorrow, which didn't take long at all. She just takes direction so well! I literally gave her a note about her jumps, she immediately applied it, and her toe-touch almost doubled in height. My jaw dropped, I'm just saying. Once she was satisfied with her review and I gave her all the notes I could think of, we hit up the hot tub :) Oh, and we had popsicles, haha. We also got to enjoy the company of her mom as we conversed. Can I just say, I love that I can hang out with a 7th grader and have a completely wonderful time :) I love my Juliana! (P.S.- send prayers her way! Her tryouts are today [Friday] after school! The list will be posted by 7 or 8!)

It was before 10 when I got home, and certainly wasn't going to stay in (it's just not natural for me). Thus, the lovely Kelly and myself went to swing at the park for a bit. We didn't stay too long though, because mosquitoes are always under some deranged impression that I'm a buffet or something. For those of you who may not know, I'm actually allergic to mosquito bites, so they swell up and for funny shapes and/or merge together. It's weird. But anyways, we then ventured to Cookout to grab Kelly a delicious shake :) All the while, we are jamming out to a lovely CD in the car, which included songs like: Oops I Did It Again, 2 Become 1 (hence the title), Bye Bye Bye, Wannabe, and Sometimes :) I loved it!

Oh.... I just ran into this commercial on Youtube!

Hahahahaha! I laugh every time :)

In other news, Taylor Swift won Video of the Year at the CMT Awards for "Mine"!

I love Taylor! I always will. Here are just a few other reasons why:



Okay I'll stop now :) I love you all! Goodnight!

1 comments:

kathryn said...

Hahahahahahahahaha soooo many people have told me the girl in the sun drop commercial reminds them of me. that commerical is hilarious!

Post a Comment