Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Bar Exam: July 23-26, 2012

Let the game of catch-up begin.

About two weeks go,  I went to help with Bar Exam distribution for work. I was assigned to the largest testing room, where over 900 of our 1,500+ applicants were placed.


Setting up was tedious, the testing days were long (12+ hours of work), and packing for departure was a little hectic; but overall it was alright. I'd do it again, I'd say. Only next year, I hope to not have to call 911 for a man having a seizure (yep, did that), and I hope to not have to deal with immaturity. Yes, I re-discovered my lack of tolerance for a failure to act one's age. It happens.

On another note, Roanoke is SUCH a cute city! I loved it :)


And, while I was there, I got to see my beautiful Little on her birthday! Which also meant that I could give her the present I'd been working on! Yes, I can finally share the photo with you. In addition to delivering her family shirt, I made her this:

We have a thing for mustaches ;)

I also have one to match :) To my knowledge, she really likes it! That makes me so happy; I can't even tell you. I just like giving to/doing things for others.

SPEAKING OF! I can finally show you a finished picture of that project I mentioned a while back. While John and Nikki were in Brazil, a group of us leaders went to their house and helped fix-up their back deck a little bit. They have the PERFECT back yard in my opinion, and they are always such gracious hosts. Thus, I was so happy to get to show them some love by putting some TLC into the deck with fellow leaders/friends :) Staining, mulching, board reinforcing, and adding new rocks to the center, at the end of the day (even though I had to leave a little earlier) we had this:


Beautiful :) Nikki and John deserve nothing less!

0 comments:

Post a Comment