Sunday, August 12, 2012

"How much does a walrus cost?"

Today, was lovely :) I started my morning off by leading middle school Sunday school. I definitely could not have done it without my friends/fellow youth leaders, but all in all I think it went pretty well! Service was really great, and hanging out at Stony Point afterwards was a nice time as well.

This afternoon, I had plans with two girls I've known for almost 10 years. I haven't seen them in about a year, and my how they have grown and changed! With one of them being 13, and the other 10; it is just so crazy! I loved being able to just talk to them and find out what's going on in their life :) We got some Starbucks, grabbed dinner at Arby's, and then came back to my house to watch a movie. Emily selected 50 First Dates :) Twas quite funny, but what Emily and I really took away from it is that we want to adopt a walrus (just like the one in the movie).


He was so cute! And she was being dead serious, she wants to adopt one and keep it at Sea World. Haha. I told her I'd go in on it 50/50 ;)

My relationship with these girls is so important to me, because I want them to know that the good decision they're making are worthwhile, and that you can live happily without succumbing to peer pressure. Grace in particular is at that age where that is so important, and she is doing splendidly! I am so proud of her, and I admire her level head despite the craziness that she is surrounded by even amongst her friends. And she's been a good older sister to Emily, which also brings me joy. That little girl is one of the sweetest things ever, and it comforts me to know that she can respect and look up to her older sister :) I love them, very much! I will never be too old to hang-out and act silly with them :)






In closing, this reunion performance at the Olympics Closing Ceremony had me geeking out:


Spice Girls, that you for being present in my childhood, and for gracing us all with an encore performance to momentarily relive that 90s glory we miss so much. It was both enjoyed and appreciated!

Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment