Sunday, August 12, 2012

Think artsy!

Well, today I was determined to make my cloth-covered cork board! I found this tutorial a couple of months ago, and since then I knew I wanted to have one in the Fishbowl :) I didn't follow the tutorial exactly, but I did so enough to be satisfied with the result:


I cut the cork a little smaller than I should have, but it is hardly noticeable. And honestly, it was so hard to cut the cork material that I was NOT about to go through the trouble of re-doing it! Haha. The frame was provided by my mother; everything else was courtesy of Hobby Lobby :)

Now, a few weeks ago, my mother so kindly brought me a large, aged window that used to be a part of a church in West Virginia. Originally, I thought the window was paned (thus being easily turned into a "Pintrest-perfect" picture frame). Well, the window was actually pane-less, so I needed to think beyond the box. Keeping in mind the way in which I hung pictures on my dorm-room wall last year, I decided to try this as a means of photo display:


I think I like the clothesline style in the window frame. But then again, I haven't encountered or pondered any opposing ideas. If you have suggestions, please feel free to leave them in a comment! Oh yeah, I've also put an antique finish on all of the pictures that I plan to "hang in the window," so to say :) I think it will look neat that way! (Well, at least I hope so.)

Aside from that, I wanted to share this little gem I stumbled across today. Oh, how I do love McKayla Marooney :) (For those who are confused, this article explains it!)

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment