Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ignorance.

The world may not see the need,
but for me it is profoundly visible.
The concern may be on what personal sacrifice will need to be made,
but I am focusing my sights on the greater good.
I will not say that you are wrong,
but I will say that you are not seeing what is right.
My heart is for people.
My frustration is at those who are comfortable
and therefore overlook those who live in desperation.
I am a humanitarian.
I am a social worker.
Where others value capitalist gain
I hold true to human rights and equality.
Is it so hard to look past yourself?
What part of hunger and suffering do you not understand?
Perhaps it would be easier to care
if you were one who was unsure
of how they were going to live day-to-day.
It should not require that.
We should not be blissful in our ignorance.
Wake up!
Look at the truth and see it for what it is!
We CAN do something about it,
but yet there are those choosing not to.
Forgive me for not being sorry,
but I will never understand this apathy.
I see heartlessness and greed,
and it is fueling my fire.

"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves."
{Romans 15:1}

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
{Hebrews 13:16}

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
{Philippians 2:3-4}

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?"
{1 John 3:16-17}

0 comments:

Post a Comment