Monday, February 18, 2013

Philippians

Yesterday, I did not make it to RISE for service. Instead, my dear Kelly and I went to Panera and, over bagels and hot tea, went through the book of Philippians together :) Twas a lovely time indeed, and great discussion was had. I decided to share some of verses that stuck out to me during that time; perhaps they will speak to you all as they did to me!

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." 
{Philippians 1:27}

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." 
{Philippians 2:3-4}

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life." 
{Philippians 2:14-16}

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." 
{Philippians 3:13-14}

"Only let us live up to what we have already attained." 
{Philippians 3:16}

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ." 
{Philippians 3:20}

"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." 
{Philippians 4:9}

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." 
{Philippians 4:12-13}

0 comments:

Post a Comment