Sunday, February 10, 2013

Future husband,

I am very excited to meet you; although part of me really believes that I already have. I just don't know you like that yet. My theory is that you live in Richmond because, well, I've been at JMU three years and nothing has struck the radar (not even close). I imagine you'll let me do semi-embarassing and borderline obnoxious things around you, and my guess is that you'd even join in. Like, maybe we'll be sitting there watching Pitch Perfect when all of a sudden I start trying to belt it out, and then you'll come in and try to hit the base notes. We probably won't sound all that great together, but we'll just pat ourselves on the back for even trying to harmonize. Maybe you'll help me saran-wrap a car or attempt some Ferly & taYao choreography with me. Who knows?! The sky's the limit, right? I'm thinking it will be, you won't be one to squash my spontaneity or ambition. We'll make each other laugh, and keep each other in line. Every time you tell me I'm pretty, I'll either deny it or tell you that you're too kind     because a lot of the time I look like a hot mess. That won't phase your opinion, though, which I know I'll appreciate more than you will comprehend. You'll love that I love my youth, and that will make me love you all the more.  Maybe you'll even love them too, and that will just be a bonus. You will love the Lord, and you will help grow closer to Him while you also grow closer to me. You'll help guide me, and you'll pick me up when I stumble. I, of course, will do the same for you. You will appreciate my ever-endearing sarcasm, and I suppose you'll probably bring in some of your own too. However, you'll care about me enough to not push it too far, given my irrational sensitivity. But you won't judge me for that, and that too I shall be grateful for. Our respect for one another will be mutual, and we will make sure we genuinely listen to one another. You'll understand my girl-crush on Christina Aguilera, and I'll accept your man-crush on anyone who isn't Justin Bieber or Taylor Lautner. We won't grow tired of one another, but we also won't be that PDA couple that makes others uncomfortable. You will support me in my career endeavors, and that support will be gladly reciprocated :) You'll make me happy, and I'll tell you every day how much you mean to me. Even now I think about you fairly often, I just don't know who you are yet. I know you're going to be great, though, and that makes me eager for life to come :) Goodnight!

1 comments:

annemarie. said...

precious. : )

Post a Comment