Friday, October 26, 2012

Life Updates

Hello blog world!

It's been 2 days shy of a month since my last post, and dang.... That really is a long time. The sad thing is, I've been so busy and stressed out that I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. Junior year is rough, y'all. Not the "sophomore slump" kind of rough, but legitimately hard. My work load is crazy, and my extra-curriculars on top of it just magnifies the overwhelming nature of it all. But anyways, I'm going to give y'all some insight into what's been going on in my life for the past month. The big things, some small joys, and maybe some stuff in between :)

On Monday, October 1st, I went to Washington D.C. with my social policy class.



I had to sit down and talk with (and kind of interview) the Congressional staff for Mark Warner and Eric Cantor. Since I my focus for my federal bill assignment was on the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2011, I asked the staff persons questions pertaining to their Congressmen's position on the bill. It was actually really cool to be able to walk into those offices and be taken seriously. No one talked down to me because I was a college student. I guess that means I really am looked at as an adult? What kind of craziness is this?!

On Friday, October 12th, the Chinese Student Association was selling boba on the commons! They had Thai Tea boba y'all..... Kelly and I each bought two cups. Haha! Whilst drinking our lovely beverages, we ran into our dear friend Lydia! That was a good time :) I always love running into friends!


On Friday, October 19th, my housemates and I went to Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion! For those who don't know, I am down for any sort of haunted house/frightening endeavor. I find it super amusing and quite entertaining :) However, I am not a roller coaster buff; I'm actually quite the wimp when it comes to them. Thus, I hadn't really intended on riding any of the coasters, just soaking up the spooky atmosphere. Well, after some convincing, the fishies (aka my housemates) got my on the Volcano.


Yes, Steph held my hand almost the entire way through the initial launch. And yes, I screamed the whole way through. But I did actually enjoy it :) So much so that I willingly rode it again! The learned lesson? I can handle coasters that don't have big hills. Boom!

On Saturday, October 20th, my dear sister Lauren had her bridal shower! It was a Sound of Music themed tea party, and it was absolutely delightful! Lauren is so happy, and I know that she is going to be a beautiful bride and a wonderful wife to Josh :)


Now, I need to address my last post.... My computer was indeed NOT fixed. I actually had to take it BACK to the Apple store just a week after getting it back, and then it experience ANOTHER kernel panic after being "repaired" a second time. Thus, I took it to the help desk here at school. They've had my Mac for over 2 weeks now. Thus, I a m typing this post on a loaner Dell computer that is probably more ancient than the one I had in high school..... Hopefully, my dear laptop will be back in my possession next week! I sure hope so.....

I might post a random post or two following this one just for funsies :) I'm not sure.... LOVE YOU ALL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment