Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Human Perspective

We each live our own life; figuratively speaking. We see the same sky, walk on the same earth, feel the same wind, think and feel with the same organs. How amazing is it, then, that every individual turns out so unique; so different. When I looked up at the sky today, and couldn't help but smile at its vast beauty, a thought struck me: Does anyone else around here find this sight to be as incredible as I do?! Looking around, I could see that clearly I was the only one soaking it all up. But the sky is the same, it isn't distorted or diagramed in differently for their eyes than it is for mine. But rather they are seeing without actually looking. How does our brain fail to analyze something right in front of you! I suppose it's similar to one of my prayers tonight during worship (which, p.s., was AMAZING Nikki). It was the first time I actually gave thanks to God for the talents and opportunities he has given me in my life; THE FIRST TIME! How had I not seen these things as something to be thankful for before now? Even though its been spoken in front of me, to me, I did not allow it to resonate. Failure to see that which is obvious; it's a most tragic human flaw. Failure to know one's self; another more common theme in our lives. There's a reason, I think,  that only God knows and remembers your every thought, movement, and emotion. He allows others to bring out the parts of ourselves that are not yet known. There's a friend of mine who possesses one of the most beautiful hearts of anyone that I have ever met. Just talking to her can make me feel more at peace. Even when my body and mind are swimming with stress, it can be momentarily forgotten; for I known I'm not in this alone. God places people like that in our lives so that we can have a tangible rock to keep our heads above water. After all, if we could handle this life on our own, then why would need our faith?

0 comments:

Post a Comment