Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quad day, quad day, hanging out on the quad day....

Today was AMAZING! Never mind that I probably bombed my world religions test, the weather was GORGEOUS! My 9:05 class was even held on the quad. I spent from 12-6 on the quad with my beloved sisters, and I wouldn't have had it any other way :) They make me so happy, all the time. Whether we're singing loudly, tackling each other, taking ridiculous (and numerous) pictures, taking Starbucks shifts, "tanning," or trying to play with puppies, everything just makes me feel grand :) I've been looking forward to today all week. I told myself that even if I had a lot of work to do, I was going to allow myself this time to just relax and have fun. That's something I hardly ever do for myself, and I'm really glad that I got to do it today :) Around 6, Hannah, Steph, and I went to dinner together before Steph dropped Hannah and I off for large group (at which we were later joined by Brandi and Alex). After large group, Hannah, Brandi, and I decided we wanted to watch Burlesque, so I went to go get it from my room. Well.... it was pouring. Seriously, I had to ditch my sandals and just go the whole way barefoot, haha. It's okay though, because the I was dancing to Ke$ha the whole time. I mean, if you're stuck in the rain, you should at least have fun with it :) I changed out of my soaked jeans and into some shorts for the walk back over to east campus, still barefoot and, like a child, jumping in every puddle I came across, haha. Unfortunately, I think I may be developing blisters on the bottom of my feet now, but that's alright. I had such a lovely evening with Hannah and Brandi that it doesn't matter :) I need more days like today in my life. Simple splendor just lights up my life :) Thank you, God, for your beauty--both in nature and your children :)

"Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power 
   and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, 
   for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; 
   you are exalted as head over all."
{1 Chronicles 29:11}

Tomorrow and Sunday are probably going to be a little rough for me, so please be praying if you don't mind. I really need to be productive, and to do that I need to find some motivation.... I think I can! I think I can! Goodnight dearies :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment