Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's my Blogaversary!!!

That kind of blows my mind. I've only had this thing for one year? It certainly feels like it's been longer. I mean, this is my 456th post, so I guess that could be why. Haha! I love you blogging world!

Today wasn't crazy eventful, although I did get to see quite a few of my sisters :) After psyc, I got lunch with Taylor from my small group, after which I went to Carrier. I was able to find Courtney and Hannah in there, and that made me very happy :) Then, after health, I got to have a dinner date with Brandi! I did miss her so! Needless to say, I was very excited to see her :) After eating and signing up for Worldbeat, Stephanie and I took a trip to Walmart (much needed). She was kind enough to drop me off at Carrier so that I could study. However, it appears that I left the book that I need to study in my room. FAIL! Now I have to trek back to Eagle in the rain to actually study. I cannot believe I took that out of my backpack this morning. So dumb. Anyways, I suppose that's where I'll be heading soon.

Something that has been brought up quite a bit with me recently is God's plan. He has a path set before us. And no matter what you try to plan for yourself, God will close doors you aren't meant to venture through, while at the same time guiding you to experiences that foster growth and well-being. There's this quote from John Lennon that says "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Think about that for a second. God breathes life into us, and He has designed its course and He knows its purpose. Don't get wrapped up in paving your own road, because you'll miss the beautiful opportunities and blessings that God has placed before you. Live your life for Him. Let Him be your guide. You make think your planning is sufficient, but it will never be on par with that of our Father. End of story.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
{Matthew 6:34}


"Who, then, are those who fear the LORD? 
   He will instruct them in the ways they should choose."
{Psalm 25:12}

In a way, that should be a relief! However, all of us are professional fretters. To give up the control we think we have is much easier said than done. But you know, that means we have something to strive for!

Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment