Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cupcakes, bowling, and dougie-ing on sidewalks.

Hello loves! Today was beautiful and lovely. I turned in my Sweet Frog application (and this would be my top choice in regards to jobs right now, so please pray that it works out). Heather and I picked Kelly up for her birthday rendez-vous, which was splendid :) We went to Pearl's cupcakes first, and that was delicious! I got a King Cake cupcake; oh my gosh, so good! (Yay Mardis Gras!) Then, we ventured over to the Short Pump area for some bowling! Ahhh! Okay, so even though none of us were necessarily good at bowling, it was still lots of fun! Between Kelly trying to jinx Heather and I, and Heather "threatening" to smash a ball in my face, it was quite entertaining. Haha! Upon returning to my humble abode, I took a late afternoon siesta before going out to dinner with my mom, Jenn, and Candice. (And if you all wouldn't mind, could you please pray for Candice? She really needs peace and rest right now. Her anxiety from work is through the roof, and it's lead her to health problems in the past. Just pray that she will make it until the end of the school year.)

But yes, after dinner I went to 1822, which was really good. I love it when Jamal speaks. Not only does he hold your attention, but I just love the messages he presents and the scripture he bases it off of. Kudos Jamal! And his talk was actually kind of perfect, because the issue of poverty in our city was really weighing on my heart earlier in the evening. I just really wish I could help those in need, the homeless especially. I wish there was a way that I could find them a house, provide them with a job, make sure they had food and clothing. I just want to help! I know that I can't do that now, since I'm not financially independent myself. But as a small act, I do have a little project planned for this summer, and it involves a little something called National Cow Appreciation Day...
I've talked to some of you before about this plan, but I am determined to make it happen this year! More details to come later. (And by later I mean summer, when the date comes closer, so stay tuned!)

After 1822, a bunch of us went to Boyer's, and it was SO GOOD! Once they closed, Kathryn, Nathan, Elsbeth, Brad, Kelly Gumm, and I hung out outside just talking, dancing, laughing, chasing cars, and laughing as Nathan and Brad posed/danced on the medians and pretended they were going to jump into traffic. I love my friends; they're just so crazy and amazing! There's never a dull moment, I can tell you that :) Goodnight my loves! I hope your slumber is sound :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment